Pragati Maidan, which means ‘field of progress,’ is the venue for large conventions and exhibitions in New Delhi. It is the largest exhibition space in Delhi, with over 72,000 sq meters of exhibition space If you are resident or a visitor to Delhi, you cannot afford to miss the various exhibitions going on in the centre. The entire show is managed by the ITPO (India Trade Promotion Organization), which is under the Ministry of Commerce.
The layout of Pragati Maidan was fashioned by architect Raj Rewal. His designs include the famous, “Hall of Nations”. This space was launched by then P.M., Indira Gandhi, as part of the celebration of 25 years of India’s independence with an international trade fair.
One cannot be less than impressed with this huge complex of edifices, spread over 150 acres interspersed with many lawns and gardens. One can explore pavilions like Defense Pavilion, Indira Pavilion and Nehru Pavilion. Buildings are of various sizes and shapes.
One can enjoy rocks shows and plays in an internal auditorium. If you feel tired walking along the huge complex, they have an i
nternal shuttle service. There is a movie theatre much popular with students because of low priced tickets.
The biggest event in Pragati Maidan is the India International Trade Fair (IITF). It attracts over 3 lakh visitors and 10,000 exhibitors. Other prominent events include the Auto Expo and World Book fair.
Here is a list of upcoming events in Pragati Maidan:
• IND as Workshop: It will be held on 9 May, 2016. The workshop will feature case studies and helmed by Chartered Accountant, Kamal Garg. The workshop is being organized by Anjali K. Garg.
• 2nd Smart Cities India 2016 Expo: It will be held from 11 to 13 May. It is being organized by SAIL (South African Institute of Lighting) and EDI MAX pro which is a leading networking solution for smart cities and enterprises.
• Admission Fair: To be held on 14 May 2016. It is the largest Education Fair in Delhi, bringing together hundreds of high quality educational institutions of the country to students who have just passed Plus Two course. Students are made aware of science, humanities, commerce, professional and vocational courses, available in India.
• Power- Gen India and Central Asia: It is to be held on 18 May. It is the 15th annual exhibition and conference of Power-Gen India and Central Asia. The theme is power: greener, leaner and cleaner.
• Fastner Fair India: To be held from 19 to 20 May in Hall number 7E. This fair is being organized by Shree Extrusions Limited. It is a world class source for Bronze, Brass and Copper extrusions and components.
• Delhi Education Times Admission Fair 2016: To be held on 20 May, 2016. This education fair is to be organized by Education Boutique.
• 6th India Warehousing Show: From 8th to 10th June, it is the annual meeting point for material handling, supply chain and warehousing industry.
These are some of the upcoming events in Pragati Maidan. It covers a wide range of sectors from education to industry.
Sorry, comments are closed for this item.